Accident: Motorcycle collision
- Head injury resulting in post-concussive syndrome and reduced emotional impulse control.
- Low mood
- Emotional liability and exacerbation of anxiety
- Impaired attention and concentration fatigue.
- Soft tissue injuries
- Stiffness, pain and discomfort in neck, upper back and shoulders.
Injury date: June 2018.
- Completion of INA (Initial Needs Assessment) and subsequently obtained medical records to confirm treatment history. We recommended referral to a Neurologist to investigate the patient’s headaches and other cognitive symptoms, a Physiotherapist to address physical symptoms of pain, stiffness and discomfort, and a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist to address psychological symptoms including low mood, increased anxiety and post-traumatic symptoms.
- On discharge the Physiotherapist objectively assessed that the patient had improved by 95% since commencement of treatment
- The patient’s vocational needs during a work-site visit were addressed. Strategies haven been implemented to improve the patient’s attendance and work performance.
- At the time of case closure, physical, psychological and cognitive symptoms had all improved, and the patient achieved a successful return to work.
Our Case Manager says:
“I have enjoyed facilitating this patient’s recovery and working with their employer to educate them to ensure insight into their difficulties with poor attention, feeling constantly irate, and difficulties being in crowds, which caused them significant problems at work. It was a challenge but a rewarding one!”
Our patient says:
“I have returned to work now with a supportive employer. I’d like to thank the Case Manager for their assistance in getting my life back on track.”
Click here to refer now!
Refer now and you’ll receive a FREE Rehabilitation Review with no obligations.
Follow Medicess on Twitter and LinkedIn for news.